Monday, January 3, 2011

Public Statement By Gilbert Muponda



Public Statement By Gilbert Muponda
As I am preparing my return to Zimbabwe I have been alerted by friends and family on articles circulating creating a false impression that I am a fugitive from justice. I deny and reject this malicious allegation and label being peddled and promoted by people who looted my assets. Those who looted my assets under a false smokescreen of accusing me of fabricated charges continue to fuel these tired and discredited allegations. I am a focused, honest and hard working entrepreneur.
After I was arrested and released in fear for my life, I fled Zimbabwe to Canada where I have been based since 2004. My case is well documented like many other leading Zimbabwe born Entrepreneurs who were forced into exile under various allegations.
It appears a few websites have been put on the payroll of those who looted my assets to continue smearing my name to justify unjust enrichment schemes. They are being paid by individuals who seized my assets including my Bank CFX Bank which I am challenging under High Court case HC 6044-04
My Company ENG was wrongfully accused of financial irregularities and of being insolvent. However my Company ENG Capital has paid all claims against it. It does not owe anyone.
On 15 July 2010 my innocence was confirmed by the High Court of Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe High Court Judge Madam Justice Lavender Makoni ruled that ENG had paid “past ,present and future debts” and ordered that all assets which were seized but were excess to requirements be returned to us. The liquidator and Master of High Court confirmed this . The High court case number is HC 6086-09 this is a public available for inspection at the High Court of Zimbabwe. In addition our Company.
I am not a fugitive from justice as I am the victim. Anyone who claims to be looking for me can contact me through ;
Email ; gilbert@gilbertmuponda.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/muponda
Website ; www.gilbertmuponda.com


Lawyers in Zimbabwe & Africa

Gutu and Chikowero Attorneys at Law
160 Samora Machel Avenue West edere
Box 2480
Harare
Tel: 04-774271
Tel: 04-759876/7
Tel: 04-748585
Fax: 04-759877
http://www.gutulaw.co.zw

Mutamangira and Associates
2ND Floor Travel Plaza
Cnr Mazowe/J. Chinamano
Harare
Telephone: +263 4 702436 & 799249
Premicell: +263 914 168 951 – 2
http://mutamangira.com

Lawyers in Canada and rest of the World

SVN Law Office

1315 Finch Avenue West, #410
Toronto, Ontario
M3J 2G6

Tel: 416 638-0921
Fax: 416 638 8626

http://www.snvlawoffice.com

No comments: